- SPONSOR / EXHIBIT
- Past Summits
- MAY 2022 SUMMIT
- OCTOBER 2021 SUMMIT
- MAY 2021 SUMMIT
- NOVEMBER 2020 SUMMIT
- JULY 2020 SUMMIT
- October 2019 Summit
- MAY 2019 SUMMIT
- OCTOBER 2018 SUMMIT
- May 2018 Summit
- October 2017 Summit
- May 2017 Summit
- October 2016 Summit
- May 2016 Summit
- October 2015 Summit
- May 2015 Summit
- October 2014 Summit
- May 2014 Summit
- October 2013 Summit
- May 2013 Summit
- October 2012 Summit
- May 2012 Summit
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
October 13-14, 2021 | National Harbor, MD
DSI’s 21st Biannual DoD/VA & GOV Health IT Summit is designed as a non-partisan educational and training “Town-Hall-style” Summit that offers a full spectrum view towards the DoD, VA, and Federal’s efforts to provide Veterans/Active-Duty high-quality healthcare, through a single, interoperable health IT ecosystem. This Summit will examine current initiatives being implemented for Veterans across the DoD & VA, from fielding emerging technologies to enhance Veteran care, to enabling increased access to economic opportunity.
2021 Early Confirmed Speakers Include:
Dr. Neil C. Evans, Acting Chief Information Officer for U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Chief Officer for VA’s Office of Connected Care
Thomas “Pat” Flanders, SES, Deputy Assistant Director for Information Operations & Chief Information Officer (CIO), DHA
Michael D. Parrish, SES, Principal Executive Director for the Office of Acquisition, Logistics, and Construction (OALC)
Maj Gen (Dr.) Sharon Bannister, USAF, Director of Medical Operations, HQAF
Luwanda F. Jones, SES, Deputy Chief Information Officer for the Office of Strategic Sourcing Office of Information and Technology (OIT), VA
William Tinston, SES, Director, Federal Electronic Health Record Modernization Office (FEHRM)
COL (P) Deydre Teyhen, USA, PT, PhD, Chief of the Army’s Medical Specialist Corps
Why You Should Attend this Summit
According to the FY 22 bill, $2.6 billion is marked for continued implementation of the new digital medical records system, which is $10 million more than it received this year. This year’s Summit will examine current initiatives being implemented for Veterans across the DoD & VA, from fielding emerging technologies to enhance Veteran care, to enabling increased access to economic opportunity. This includes the providing of world class benefits and care, as well as delivering responsive health services & force health protection for a medically ready Joint Force.
The forum will also go into detail about how the DoD has reached 30% Rollout for MHS GENESIS Cerner EHR Integration, which is set on improving interoperability. Senior Leaders at this event will also discuss key acquisition priorities, advancing telehealth programs, & ways to integrate more efficient business/clinical processes across the DoD/VA. Speakers from across the Armed Services will offer perspective on current strategies toward implementing measures to always offer high-quality battlefield care to the Warfighter. Members of Industry & Government will also be given an update on the new Federal EHR system & how it is continually being developed to transform patient access & care.
DSI’s team specializes in the extensive research and development of our summit’s content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in the community from Senior Healthcare leaders, the IT Community, key policy-makers, as well as solution providers from industry and academia. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all involved organizations bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
Topics to be Covered at the 2021 Summit:
- – Achieving rigorous standards of excellence at the VA: Providing world class benefits and care to empower our nation’s Veterans
- – Integrating an interoperable, secure Federal EHR to help transform patient care & provider effectiveness for both the DoD/VA
- – Delivering integrated, affordable, & high-quality health services to Military Health System (MHS) beneficiaries
- – Facilitating ready, responsive health services & force health protection to the Soldier
- – Providing full-spectrum readiness by delivering unique medical capabilities & ensuring the delivery of trusted care to the Airmen
- – Fielding emerging technologies to help drive successful health outcomes across the DoD/VA
- – Advancing quality service & increased availability to Veterans by engaging them both in-person & digitally
- – Enabling Veterans more efficient access to economic opportunity through the leveraging of the Federal procurement system
At our Summit you will have the ability to:
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing health information technology professionals.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover the most up-to-date HIT initiatives and technologies.
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments, or ideas.
Exhibit & Sponsorship Information:
- DoD/VA & Gov HIT Summit provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions.
Operating Guidance For Government Attendees:
DSI’s Summit directly supports DoD, VA, and Federal Health priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
DSI’s Summit will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission. The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD, VA and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
- (Industry and academia members are charged a fee for admission)
- Summit is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS