- SPONSOR / EXHIBIT
- Past Summits
- OCTOBER 2022 SUMMIT
- MAY 2022 SUMMIT
- OCTOBER 2021 SUMMIT
- MAY 2021 SUMMIT
- NOVEMBER 2020 SUMMIT
- JULY 2020 SUMMIT
- October 2019 Summit
- MAY 2019 SUMMIT
- OCTOBER 2018 SUMMIT
- May 2018 Summit
- October 2017 Summit
- May 2017 Summit
- October 2016 Summit
- May 2016 Summit
- October 2015 Summit
- May 2015 Summit
- October 2014 Summit
- May 2014 Summit
- October 2013 Summit
- May 2013 Summit
- October 2012 Summit
- May 2012 Summit
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
12th DoD/VA and Gov Health IT Summit
October 17-18, 2017
Mary M. Gates Learning Center, Alexandria, VA
DSI’s 13th DoD/VA & Gov Health IT Summit is a unique forum that allows for personnel from DoD, VA, Federal and State agencies to convene in one location along with leaders from Industry and Academia that support them.
*The Summit is neither officially endorsed or sanctioned by the Depts of VA and DoD.
October 2017 Confirmed Speakers:
Carolyn M. Clancy, M.D., Executive in Charge, Veterans Health Administration, VA
Dr. Paul R. Cordts, SES, Electronic Health Record Functional Champion, MHS, DHA
Dr. Paul Tibbits, SES, Program Executive Officer, Financial Management Business Transformation, OIT, VA
- Dr. Kenneth Bertram, SES, Principal Assistant for Acquisition, U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Command
CAPT James Ellzy
, USN, Deputy PEO, Defense Health Management Systems
** VA EHRM Panel Discussion **
“Managing VA EHR Modernization Efforts to Support Seamless Care for Veterans”
- – CAPT John Windom, USN, PEO, VA EHRM PEO
- – Dr. Ashwini Zenooz, Chief Medical Officer, VA EHRM PEO
- – John Short, Chief Technology Officer, VA EHRM PEO_______________________________________________________________
Download Agenda for Complete Session Details
Why Should you Attend the October Summit?
- At DSI’s DoD/VA and Gov. HIT Summit, we provide a forum allowing our invited speakers representing the DoD, VA, Government Agencies, Academia, and Private Industry to describe the efforts that their organization is taking to better leverage IT technologies and informatics strategies for an improved and data driven, patient centered Military healthcare system.
- Advances in information technology have vastly accelerated our ability to collect data, analyze it, and apply that data to better support informed decision making. It is through the realization of these IT technologies and strategies that we are able to directly benefit the patient’s future healthcare outcomes.
- The 2017 October Health IT Summit will provide valuable information on the current and prospective efforts supported by the U.S. Government to transform healthcare, and healthcare delivery through innovative IT solutions.
- DSI’s team specializes in the extensive research and development of our Symposium’s content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in the community from Senior Healthcare leaders, the IT Community, key policy-makers, as well as solution providers from industry and academia. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all involved organizations bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
October 2017 Summit Topics to Include
- – VA EHR Modernization
- – Integrating MHS Genesis throughout MHS
- – Utilizing Big Data to Improve Population Health Tracking and Alerting
- – Integrating Health Business Strategies for Improved Organizational Performance
- – Applying Advanced Data Analytics and Clinical Informatics Strategies
- – Developing Enhanced HIT Infrastructures and Standards
- – Cyber Security Strategies for Patient Health Data, Networks, and Medical Devices
- – Promoting Greater Clinician Engagement for Improved Delivery of Care
At our Summit You Will Have the Ability to
- – Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing health information technology professionals.
- – Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover the most up-to-date HIT initiatives and technologies.
- – Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments or idea._______________________________________________________________________________________________
Operating Guidance for Government Attendees
- DSI’s Symposium directly supports DoD, VA, and Federal Health priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
- DSI’s Symposium will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
- The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD, VA and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
(Industry and academia members are charged a fee for admission)
*SUMMIT IS CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS*
Participating Organizations at Our Summits Include:
VA, Red Hat, DHA, Mayo Clinic, CDC/NCHS, GSA, Netizen Corporation, GAO, VHA, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, DSS Inc., BUMED, Vision Center of Excellence, IBM, HHS, MicroStrategy, General Dynamic Information Technology, Northrop Grumman, Staywell, New Relic, Telligen, Engility, Johns Hopkins University-Applied Physics Laboratory, J.P. Systems Inc., Booz Allen Hamilton, JP Systems, Intersystems, The Select Group, Millenium Challenge Corporation, TATRC, Sandia National Laboratories, OSHA, Vmware, Associated Veterans, LLC, MediQuant, WRMA Inc., Pegasystems, CACI International, Sentat Inc., Optum, NETSCOUT, and many more!
Exhibit and Sponsorship Information
DoD/VA & Gov HIT Summit provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions.