- SPONSOR / EXHIBIT
- Past Summits
- OCTOBER 2022 SUMMIT
- MAY 2022 SUMMIT
- OCTOBER 2021 SUMMIT
- MAY 2021 SUMMIT
- NOVEMBER 2020 SUMMIT
- JULY 2020 SUMMIT
- October 2019 Summit
- MAY 2019 SUMMIT
- OCTOBER 2018 SUMMIT
- May 2018 Summit
- October 2017 Summit
- May 2017 Summit
- October 2016 Summit
- May 2016 Summit
- October 2015 Summit
- May 2015 Summit
- October 2014 Summit
- May 2014 Summit
- October 2013 Summit
- May 2013 Summit
- October 2012 Summit
- May 2012 Summit
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
NEW DATES: July 8-9, 2020 | via Live Online Broadcast
The 18th Annual DoD/VA & Government HIT Summit is designed as a “Town Hall” style forum that focuses on the DoD, VA and Federal’s efforts at facilitating an affordable, interoperable and modernized health IT environment. This event will discuss acquisition priorities and current innovations in technology that are being integrated across the DoD, VA, and Federal Government to further enable a compatible, innovative, & secure electronic health record system for all active duty & veterans.
*The Summit is neither officially endorsed or sanctioned by the Depts of VA and DoD
[To access the live broadcast please click the LIVE BROADCAST SITE BUTTON. If you are a registered attendee and need assistance with your login credentials please email Chris Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 201.672.8745 | Registration is not open for new attendees]
Top 2020 Confirmed Speakers:
Paul R. Lawrence, Ph.D., Under Secretary for Benefits, VA
John Windom, SES, Executive Director, VA Electronic Health Record Modernization
Dr. Paul Tibbits, SES, Executive Director, Office of Technical Integration, Office of Information and Technology (OIT) U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
Karen L. Brazell, SES, & Other Senior Representatives, Principal Executive Director & Chief Acquisition Officer, OAL&C, VA
Dr. Neil C. Evans, Interim Director, FEHRM, Chief Officer, Office of Connected Health, Veterans Health Administration
COL Francisco Dominicci, USA, Chief, Solution Delivery Division, Defense Health Agency
CAPT Joseph Cohn, USN, Ph.D., Chief, Research Program Division, J9, DHA
Download the complete agenda for full list of speakers
Exhibit & Sponsorship Information:
- DoD/VA & Gov HIT Summit provides opportunities including virtual exhibit space, webinars, company infomercials, and more.
Operating Guidance For Government Attendees:
- DSI’s Summit directly supports DoD, VA, and Federal Health priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
- DSI’s Summit will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission. The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD, VA and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
- (Industry and academia members are charged a fee for admission)
- Summit is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS
Topics to be Covered at the 2020 Summit:
- – Developing an affordable, innovative, secure HIT environment in support of combatant commands, service members, Veterans, and their families
- – Guiding the implementation of MHS Genesis for high-quality healthcare delivery that improves patient safety & quality
- – Ensuring the EHR modernization and integration is seamless, secure, & interoperable
- – Facilitating an effective MHS transition that supports the lethality of the force and sustains high quality medical care throughout the enterprise
- – Striving to maximize the contributions of small business in DHA acquisitions
- – Optimizing the delivery of HIT solutions to the MHS through exceptional information & technology
- – Ensuring the global delivery of quality, cost-effective healthcare to Warfighter & their Families
- – Collaborating with VA’s business partners, customers, in order to strategically create the best experience for all veterans
- – Prioritizing AI R&D to improve Veterans’ health & public health initiatives
At our Summit you will have the ability to:
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing health information technology professionals.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover the most up-to-date HIT initiatives and technologies.
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments or ideas.
Why You Should Attend this Summit
At DSI’s 18th Annual DoD/VA and Government HIT Summit, representatives from the DoD, VA, Government Agencies, academia, and private industry will convene in a ‘Town-Hall’ type setting for the opportunity to further explain how their organization is currently trying to integrate emerging technologies for a connected Federal health IT approach.
This Summit will detail the various efforts being undertaken across the Federal Government, Military Services, and industry that are aiming to deliver a collaborative, innovative, & secure health care system that ensures Warfighter readiness, improves the safety & quality of care to our nation’s Veterans, and lowers the overall cost of providing this specialized healthcare. At the DoD/VA and Gov. HIT Summit, you will have the opportunity to sit in on intuitive discussions and network with the senior leaders and relevant stakeholders in the community tasked with making a compatible electronic record system for the DoD & VA a reality. This event will also feature a panel discussion on the recent emergence of emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence at the VA that is aiming to help improve the health outcomes for our nation’s heroes.
The 2020 DoD/VA & Government HIT Summit attendees will be able to learn, share, and connect with our invited senior level speakers and delegates, as our event will provide a unique viewpoint into the current efforts to deliver a modernized healthcare system that enables actionable, precise decision-making and includes the opportunities and challenges associated with shaping the future of health & healthcare delivery for the MHS. It will also provide an update on where and when MHS Genesis will be going live across the U.S.
DSI strives to provide the most up to date, mission relevant, topics and discussion points for our meetings. In order to assure that we are providing the best subject content possible, our Advisory Board Members have volunteered to share their respective insight and expertise with us. We are truly grateful to have their support and guidance as we strive to continually create truly effective meetings and events for all. Learn more about our Advisory Board Members.