- SPONSOR / EXHIBIT
- Past Summits
- MAY 2023 SUMMIT
- OCTOBER 2022 SUMMIT
- MAY 2022 SUMMIT
- OCTOBER 2021 SUMMIT
- MAY 2021 SUMMIT
- NOVEMBER 2020 SUMMIT
- JULY 2020 SUMMIT
- October 2019 Summit
- MAY 2019 SUMMIT
- OCTOBER 2018 SUMMIT
- May 2018 Summit
- October 2017 Summit
- May 2017 Summit
- October 2016 Summit
- May 2016 Summit
- October 2015 Summit
- May 2015 Summit
- October 2014 Summit
- May 2014 Summit
- October 2013 Summit
- May 2013 Summit
- October 2012 Summit
- May 2012 Summit
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
All below Information from May 2023 Summit. October 2023 Summit Information coming soon!
The Spring 2023 DoD/VA & Government HIT Summit is designed as a non-partisan, educational, & training “Town-Hall-style” Summit that offers a full-spectrum view towards the DoD, VA, and Federal’s efforts to provide Veterans/Active-Duty high-quality outcomes & advanced healthcare solutions, through a single, unified, & interoperable health IT approach. The Summit will focus on current and future initiatives across the VA to enhance the quality of Veteran health care through innovative, advanced technologies, capabilities, and solutions.
2023 Confirmed Speakers Include:
HON Kurt Delbene
Assistant Secretary for the Office of Information and Technology and CIO
Dr. Neil S. Evans
Program Executive Director
Electronic Health Record Modernization Integration Office (Acting), VA
Holly Joers, SES
Program Executive Officer
BG E. Darrin Cox, USA
Commanding General, Medical Readiness Command, West, Director, Small Market & Stand-Alone Military Treatment Facility Organization DHA
William Tinston, SES
Federal Electronic Health Record Modernization (FEHRM) Office
Michael D. Parrish, SES
Principal Executive Director for the Office of Acquisition, Logistics, & Construction (OALC)
Chief Acquisition Officer, VA
COL Joseph Hoffert, USA
Chief, Solutions Delivery Division (SDD) & Risk Management Executive Division (RME)
Why You Should Attend this Summit
For Fiscal Year 2023, the Department of Veterans Affairs will receive $303.8 billion, up 10% from Fiscal Year 2022 including $1.8B to support the deployment of its electronic health record system to facilities across the country in 2023. This Summit will bring together leaders from across the Armed Services & Government Agencies, Industry and Academia to examine current initiatives to improve the delivery of healthcare to Veterans and help them forge many of the HIT solutions necessary to achieve their respective “next-steps.” Actionable takeaways for today, tomorrow, & the future will drive the discussions towards moving from healthcare to health in an interoperable, connected ecosystem.
The Spring 2023 event is created to encourage a real, pragmatic level of discussion and debate amongst all in attendance. Senior leaders at this event will discuss efforts to drive a seamless, unified experience for veterans, improve care and accessibility to Veterans through the EHR rollout, optimize healthcare delivery & business operations across the MHS, maximize innovative industry and commercial partnership, and to advance the delivery of safe, integrated, patient-centered care. Finally, a panel at this event will focus on the integration of AI and ML technologies to improve Veteran care and automate acquisition priorities.
DSI’s team specializes in the extensive research and development of our summit’s content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in the community from Senior Healthcare leaders, the IT Community, key policy-makers, as well as solution providers from industry and academia. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all involved organizations to bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
Topics to be Covered at the Spring 2023 Summit:
- – Accelerating EHR rollout to improve care & coordination for Veterans as part of the VA’s digital transformation
- – Leading the VA in delivering world class care & benefits for our nation’s Veterans
- – Standardizing, innovating, & optimizing healthcare delivery & business operations across the military health system
- – Accelerating the modernization of acquisition & business operations to maximize innovative partnerships
- – Sustaining high-performing medically ready Airmen & Guardians for the future fight
- – Enabling an integrated, affordable, & secure HIT environment in support of the MHS enterprise
- – Improving health & building readiness to ensure a medically ready joint force
- – Driving the integration of AI & ML technologies to improve Veteran care & automate acquisition priorities
At our Summit you will have the ability to:
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing health information technology professionals.
- Build Partnerships:: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover the most up-to-date HIT initiatives and technologies.
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments, or ideas.
Exhibit & Sponsorship Information:
- (Industry and academia members are charged a fee for admission)
- Summit is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS
DoD/VA & Gov HIT Summit provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions.
Operating Guidance For Government Attendees:
DSI’s Summit directly supports DoD, VA, and Federal Health priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
DSI’s Summit will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD, IC, and Federal employees and is considered an educational training forum, and a widely attended gathering.