- SPONSOR / EXHIBIT
- Past Summits
- MAY 2022 SUMMIT
- OCTOBER 2021 SUMMIT
- MAY 2021 SUMMIT
- NOVEMBER 2020 SUMMIT
- JULY 2020 SUMMIT
- October 2019 Summit
- MAY 2019 SUMMIT
- OCTOBER 2018 SUMMIT
- May 2018 Summit
- October 2017 Summit
- May 2017 Summit
- October 2016 Summit
- May 2016 Summit
- October 2015 Summit
- May 2015 Summit
- October 2014 Summit
- May 2014 Summit
- October 2013 Summit
- May 2013 Summit
- October 2012 Summit
- May 2012 Summit
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
May 12-13, 2021 | National Harbor, MD
The 20th Biannual DoD/VA & Government HIT Summit was designed as a “Town Hall” full spectrum view towards the DoD, VA, and Federal’s efforts to provide Veterans a secure, interoperable and connected health IT ecosystem. This Summit will examine current initiatives being implemented across the DoD & VA to focus on the needs of Veterans’ & active duty. This includes the integration of affordable, high-quality health services as well as innovative technologies that will ultimately, enhance patient care & enable a medically ready Joint Force. For May 2021, DSI will offer both in-person and virtual options for attendees. Visit the registration page for details.
Top 2021 Confirmed Speakers:
John Windom, SES, Executive Director, VA Electronic Health Record Modernization
Thomas “Pat” Flanders, SES, Chief Information Officer (CIO), Defense Health Agency
Holly Joers, SES, Acting Program Executive Officer, PEO DHMS
Col Thomas J. Cantilina, USAF, MC, FS, MHS Chief Health Informatics Officer (CHIO), Deputy MHS EHR Functional Champion
William Tinston, SES, Director, Federal Electronic Health Record Modernization Office (FEHRM)
Justin T. Meyer, SES, Deputy Director of Acquisition Programs
United States Coast Guard
Michael D. Parrish, SES, Principal Executive Director for the Office of Acquisition, Logistics, and Construction (OALC)
Why You Should Attend this Summit
The Department of Veterans Affairs will see nearly a 12 percent increase in total funding in FY 2021 that will address many big department projects such as the electronic medical records overhaul. The 20th DoD/VA & Government HIT Summit was designed as a “Town Hall” full spectrum view towards the DoD, VA, and Federal’s efforts to provide Veterans a secure, interoperable and connected health IT ecosystem. This Summit will examine current initiatives being implemented across the DoD & VA to focus on the needs of Veterans’ & active duty. This includes the integration of affordable, high-quality health services as well as innovative technologies that will ultimately, enhance patient care & enable a medically ready Joint Force.
The forum is created to encourage a real, pragmatic level of discussion and debate amongst all in attendance. Senior Leaders at this event will discuss key acquisition priorities, effective data sharing strategies, & ways to integrate more efficient business/clinical processes across the VA. Speakers from across the Federal government will also delve into the innovative measures being taken to further authenticate users & improve the security of IT systems for Veterans now & in the future. Members of Industry & Government will also be given the chance at this event to hear how the new military EHR system has improved the overall decision making of Combatant Commanders & helped to empower Service members throughout the MHS.
DSI’s team specializes in the extensive research and development of our summit’s content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in the community from Senior Healthcare leaders, the IT Community, key policy-makers, as well as solution providers from industry and academia. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all involved organizations bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
Topics to be Covered at the 2021 Summit:
- – Delivering excellent customer service to Veterans through the utilization of new technologies to improve services
- – Implementing a single, common Federal EHR across the DoD/VA to enhance patient care & provider effectiveness
- – Delivering integrated, affordable, & high-quality health services to Military Health System
- – Revolutionizing the delivery of healthcare & effective data sharing through a modernized
EHR that supports the Warfighter
- – Enabling Veterans more efficient access to economic opportunity through the leveraging of the Federal procurement system
- – Facilitating a modernized MHS that enables a medically ready Joint Force
- – Leading the future of healthcare technology at the VA
- – Exploring innovative ways to authenticate users & improve the security of IT systems for
At our Summit you will have the ability to:
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing health information technology professionals.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover the most up-to-date HIT initiatives and technologies.
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments, or ideas.
Exhibit & Sponsorship Information:
- DoD/VA & Gov HIT Summit provides opportunities including in-person and virtual exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions.
Operating Guidance For Government Attendees:
DSI’s Summit directly supports DoD, VA, and Federal Health priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
DSI’s Summit will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission. The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD, VA and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
- (Industry and academia members are charged a fee for admission)
- Summit is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS