- SPONSOR / EXHIBIT
- Past Summits
- OCTOBER 2022 SUMMIT
- MAY 2022 SUMMIT
- OCTOBER 2021 SUMMIT
- MAY 2021 SUMMIT
- NOVEMBER 2020 SUMMIT
- JULY 2020 SUMMIT
- October 2019 Summit
- MAY 2019 SUMMIT
- OCTOBER 2018 SUMMIT
- May 2018 Summit
- October 2017 Summit
- May 2017 Summit
- October 2016 Summit
- May 2016 Summit
- October 2015 Summit
- May 2015 Summit
- October 2014 Summit
- May 2014 Summit
- October 2013 Summit
- May 2013 Summit
- October 2012 Summit
- May 2012 Summit
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
11th DoD/VA and Gov Health IT Summit
October 4-5, 2016 | Mary M. Gates Learning Center, Alexandria, VA
Advancing the Coordination of Health IT for Military and Government
Held since 2011, DSI’s Health IT Summits are a unique forum that allows for personnel from DoD, VA, Federal and State agencies to convene in one location along with leaders from Industry and Academia that support them.
*The Summit is neither officially endorsed or sanctioned by the Depts of VA and DoD.
2016 Speakers Included:
- VADM C. Forrest Faison III USN
Surgeon General and Chief, Bureau of Medicine and Surgery, US Navy
- Stacy Cummings, PEO DHMS
- Marc Probst, Chief Information Officer, Intermountain Healthcare
- Dr. Jennifer Lee, Deputy Under Secretary for Health for Policy and Services, VA
Held since 2011, DSI’s Health IT Summits are a unique forum that
allows for personnel from DoD, VA, Federal and State agencies to convene in one location along with leaders from Industry and Academia that support them. Our “Town Hall” format is designed to encourage challenging discussion and dialogue amongst all in attendance.
By keeping our forum off-the record and non-attribution, we allow for a level of stream of consciousness and shared ideas and thoughts to flow freely. Our agendas cover the most current priorities for our Military and Government health IT communities, and strive to achieve actionable takeaways for all in attendance.
We limit our attendance size to around 250 persons in order to allow everyone a chance to actively participate and to mix and mingle with each other easily over the two days we are together.
Participating Organizations at the 2015 Summit Included:
Defense Health Agency, VA, HHS, Service Medical Commands, CDC, FDA, CMS, Leidos, Booz Allen Hamilton, Optum, ViON, BITS, Lockheed Martin, InterSystems, Oracle, IBM, Marklogic, IMS Health, General Dynamics, AT&T and many more.
Topics for the October 2016 Symposium:
- – EHR Modernization – VA’s VistA Evolution Program and DHA’s DHMSM program
- – Digital health efforts at VHA to improve the quality of veterans care
- – Supporting Warfighter health in all environments through advanced health informatics
- – Utilizing precision medicine to optimize treatment effectiveness and reduce costs
- – Improving the cybersecurity of healthcare systems
- – Data sharing for improved care coordination
- -Increasing information technology efficiencies across DoD healthcare operations
- – Patient engagement strategies
- – DHA modernization and the impact on Health IT capabilities
- – VA Acquisition efforts to build a connected health IT environment in the VA
At our Summit/Symposium you will have the ability to:
- – Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing health information technology professionals.
- – Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover the most up-to-date HIT initiatives and technologies
- – Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are given the opportunity to address our speaker faculty with their questions or comments and will receive a pre-Summit questionnaire for precise questions and subject matters you would like our speakers to address.
Operating Guidance for Government Attendees:
- DSI’s Symposium directly supports DoD, VA, and Federal Health priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
- DSI’s Symposium will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
- The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD, VA and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
(Industry and academia members are charged a fee for admission)
*SUMMIT IS CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS*