- SPONSOR / EXHIBIT
- Past Summits
- NOVEMBER 2020 SUMMIT
- JULY 2020 SUMMIT
- October 2019 Summit
- MAY 2019 SUMMIT
- OCTOBER 2018 SUMMIT
- May 2018 Summit
- October 2017 Summit
- May 2017 Summit
- October 2016 Summit
- May 2016 Summit
- October 2015 Summit
- May 2015 Summit
- October 2014 Summit
- May 2014 Summit
- October 2013 Summit
- May 2013 Summit
- October 2012 Summit
- May 2012 Summit
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
November 9th-10th, 2020 | Mary M. Gates Learning Center, Alexandria, VA
The 19th Annual DoD/VA & Government HIT Summit is a non-partisan educational and training Summit designed as a “Town Hall” full spectrum view towards the DoD, VA and Federal’s efforts to provide Veterans a secure, interoperable and connected health IT environment. This event will detail how the DoD & VA are putting Veterans’ & active duty’s needs first by constantly innovating & delivering state of the art technologies that will ultimately improve the overall ease & quality of care.
The Summit is neither officially endorsed nor sanctioned by VA or DoD
Top 2020 Confirmed Speakers:
Karen L. Brazell, SES & Senior Representatives, Acting Assistant Secretary, OEI, VA Principal Executive Director & Chief Acquisition Officer, OAL&C, VA
Deborah Lafer Scher, SES, Executive Advisor to the Secretary, Secretary’s Center for Strategic Partnerships (SCSP) VA
Dr. Lynda C. Davis, SES, Chief Veterans Experience Officer, VA
John Short, SES, Chief Technical Integration Officer, VA Electronic Health Record Modernization
BG Mary V. Krueger, USA, Deputy Chief of Staff for Support, G-1/4/6, OTSG/MEDCOM
Thomas Klobucar, SES, PhD, Executive Director, Office of Rural Health, VHA
Terry Riffel, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Financial Management Business Transformation, VA
Valerie Mattison Brown, SES, Chief Strategy Officer, Asst Dep Under Secretary for Health for Policy & Planning, VHA
Exhibit & Sponsorship Information:
- DoD/VA & Gov HIT Summit provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions.
Operating Guidance For Government Attendees:
DSI’s Summit directly supports DoD, VA, and Federal Health priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
DSI’s Summit will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission. The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD, VA and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
(Industry and academia members are charged a fee for admission)
Summit is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS
Topics to be Covered at the 2020 Summit:
- – Revolutionizing the delivery of healthcare and effective data sharing through a modernized EHR that supports the Warfighter
- – Transforming OIT into a lean, agile, Veteran-focused enterprise through increased accountability & innovation
- – Delivering integrated, affordable, & high quality health services to Military Health System (MHS) beneficiaries
- – Advancing customer service efforts at the VA to provide world class benefits & care to empower our nation’s Veterans
- – Leading an MHS integrated system of acquisition & procurement services that delivers timely, affordable capabilities
- – Advancing acquisition/supply chain processes across the VA
- – Implementing & sustaining an integrated and protected medical information enterprise through the fielding of MHS Genesis
- – Guiding Financial Management Business Transformation (FMBT) Modernization Efforts at the VA
- – Leveraging 3D Printing Innovations to Facilitate Medical Breakthroughs for Veterans & Active Duty Service Members
- – Enabling Veterans to be active participants in their health care through supplying the most up-to date mobile technologies
At our Summit you will have the ability to:
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing health information technology professionals.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover the most up-to-date HIT initiatives and technologies.
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments, or ideas.
Why You Should Attend this Summit
The 19th DoD/VA & Government HIT Summit examines the DoD, VA and Federal’s efforts to provide Veterans a secure, interoperable and connected health IT environment. With the VA attempting to implement platforms to increase EHR Interoperability for Veterans, as well as proposing an additional 1.1 billion dollars for the EHR upgrade, the focus on ensuring this rollout is a successful one has never been higher. This event will detail how the DoD & VA are putting Veterans’ & active duty’s needs first by constantly innovating & delivering state of the art technologies. These technologies will ultimately improve the overall ease & quality of their care; as well as promise the delivery of clean, accurate data to outside providers.
This forum is created to encourage a real, pragmatic level of discussion and debate amongst all in attendance. Senior Leaders at this event will discuss key acquisition priorities & business transformation efforts across the VA, such as the FMBT. They will also touch on what modernized approaches are being taken to utilize innovations to help create medical breakthroughs for Veterans that would have never been possible. This Summit will also detail to attendees how the new military EHR system is improving decision making across Combatant Commands & helping to enable a medically ready force.
Additionally, at the 2020 DoD/VA & Government HIT Summit members of industry & government will be able to hear a panel discussion about the advances being made in 3D printing technologies in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. This revolution in additive manufacturing the medical field has been and continues to be transformative in the way Veterans/Active-Duty are cared for.
DSI’s team specializes in the extensive research and development of our summit’s content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in the community from Senior Healthcare leaders, the IT Community, key policy-makers, as well as solution providers from industry and academia. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all involved organizations bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.