- SPONSOR / EXHIBIT
- Past Summits
- MAY 2022 SUMMIT
- OCTOBER 2021 SUMMIT
- MAY 2021 SUMMIT
- NOVEMBER 2020 SUMMIT
- JULY 2020 SUMMIT
- October 2019 Summit
- MAY 2019 SUMMIT
- OCTOBER 2018 SUMMIT
- May 2018 Summit
- October 2017 Summit
- May 2017 Summit
- October 2016 Summit
- May 2016 Summit
- October 2015 Summit
- May 2015 Summit
- October 2014 Summit
- May 2014 Summit
- October 2013 Summit
- May 2013 Summit
- October 2012 Summit
- May 2012 Summit
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
9th DoD/VA and Gov Health IT Summit
OCTOBER 21 -22, 2015 | The Mary M. Gates Learning Center/ United Way, Alexandria, VA
Held since 2011, DSI’s Health IT Summits are a unique forum that allows for personnel from DoD, VA, Federal and State agencies to convene in one location along with leaders from Industry and Academia that support them. (*The Summit is neither officially endorsed or sanctioned by the Depts of VA and DoD.) Our “Town Hall” format is designed to encourage challenging discussion and dialogue amongst all in attendance.
2015 Speakers Included:
- The Honorable Dr. David Shulkin, Under Secretary for Health, VA
- Dr. Linda Schwartz, Assistant Secretary, Office of Policy and Planning, VA
- RADM Nicole Lurie, Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response USPHS, HHS
- BG Ron Place, USA, Assistant Surgeon General for Force Projection, US Army Medical Command
- Dr. Paul Tibbits, SES, DCIO, Architecture, Strategy, and Design, OI&T, VA
- COL John R. Bailey, USA, Deputy Program Manager JOMIS, PEO DHMS
- Dr. Jonathan Nebeker, Deputy CMIO, VHA
- Col Paul Friedrichs, USAF, Vice Commander, Air Force Medical Operations Agency,
- Ms. Mina Hsiang, Health Data Advisor, US Digital Service & Office of Science and Technology Policy-The White House
- Dr. Chesley Richards, Deputy Director, Public Health Scientific Services; Director, Office of Public Health Scientific Services Centers, CDC
- Mr. Damon Davis, Director, Health Data Initiative, HHS
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the most complex issues facing the health IT community.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover some of the latest technologies to effectively and efficiently transform healthcare.
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Our “Town Hall” forum allows for all in attendance to actively participate in the discussions. Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive, off the record, non-attribution sessions
*Event is CLOSED to PRESS / There are NO Recordings
Our central theme will revolve around developing a connected health ecosystem for the DoD, VA, Federal and private sector. With a focus on interoperability amongst health IT systems, several sub topics will include, but not limited to:
- Innovation in data analytics and clinical informatics
- Cyber security for health information
- VistA Evolution (eHMP) and evolving EHR systems
- Creating a connected health ecosystem for national emergency medical preparedness
- Virtual care modalities, including mobile applications to improve patient care and engagement
- Operationalizing ‘Big Data’ for clinical use
- Health IT connectivity for an expeditionary military force
- Held since 2011, DSI’s Health IT Summits are a unique forum that allows for personnel from DoD, VA, Federal and State agencies to convene in one location along with leaders from Industry and Academia that support them. Our “Town Hall” format is designed to encourage challenging discussion and dialogue amongst all in attendance.
- By keeping our forum off-the record and non-attribution, we allow for a level of stream of consciousness and shared ideas and thoughts to flow freely. Our agendas cover the most current priorities for our Military and Government health IT communities, and strive to achieve actionable takeaways for all in attendance.
- We limit our attendance size to around 250 persons in order to allow everyone a chance to actively participate and to mix and mingle with each other easily over the two days we are together. However, due to our choice to limit seating, every iteration does sell out in advance, so we encourage you to explore our site more, give us a call if you have any questions, and we hope to welcome you in October!
- The DoD/VA & Gov HIT Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD and Federal employees. This Summit is not officially sanctioned or endorsed by the Department of VA or DoD
- DSI’s Summit will provide a forum for each department to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry. increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their departments.
DSI strives to provide the most up to date, mission relevant, topics and discussion points for our meetings. In order to assure that we are providing the best subject content possible, our Advisory Board Members have volunteered to share their respective insight and expertise with us. We are truly grateful to have their support and guidance as we strive to continually create truly effective meetings and events for all. Learn more about our Advisory Board Members.