- SPONSOR / EXHIBIT
- Past Summits
- OCTOBER 2022 SUMMIT
- MAY 2022 SUMMIT
- OCTOBER 2021 SUMMIT
- MAY 2021 SUMMIT
- NOVEMBER 2020 SUMMIT
- JULY 2020 SUMMIT
- October 2019 Summit
- MAY 2019 SUMMIT
- OCTOBER 2018 SUMMIT
- May 2018 Summit
- October 2017 Summit
- May 2017 Summit
- October 2016 Summit
- May 2016 Summit
- October 2015 Summit
- May 2015 Summit
- October 2014 Summit
- May 2014 Summit
- October 2013 Summit
- May 2013 Summit
- October 2012 Summit
- May 2012 Summit
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
October 10-11, 2018 | Mary M. Gates Learning Center, Alexandria, VA
Held since 2011, DSI’s Health IT Summits are a unique forum that allows for personnel from DoD, VA, Federal and State agencies to convene in one location along with leaders from Industry and Academia that support them in order to advance the federal healthcare enterprise.
*The Summit is neither officially endorsed or sanctioned by the Depts of VA and DoD
October 2018 Confirmed Speakers:
- Brig Gen Susan Pietrykowski, USAF, Director, Manpower, Personnel, and Resources Office of the Surgeon General, US Air Force
- Col Kevin Seeley, USAF, MSC, Deputy CIO (DADIO & J-6) Defense Health Agency
- Alan R. Constantian, Ph.D., SES, Deputy Chief Information Officer, VHA Account Manager for Clinical Functions, OI&T, VA
- Col John Scott, USA, Data Manager, Plans, Strategy, and Functional Integration Directorate (J5), Defense Health Agency
- Ken Rubin, Director of Standards and Interoperability, VHA Office of Knowledge Based Systems, VA
- Charles Jaffe, MD, Ph.D., CEO, HL7
- Shannon Sartin, Executive Director, U.S. Digital Service, U.S. Dept. of HHS
“Driving Joint MHS Virtual Health Initiatives for Improved Reach of High-Quality Healthcare”
- – Catherine Zebrowski, PhD, MPH, Deputy Director, Telehealth, DHA Connected Health
- – LCDR Jeffrey J. Dixon, USN, MSC, Chief Information and Technical Officer, Future Readiness Care Model, Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED)
- – Jennifer Holloman, Deputy Chief, Army Virtual Health, US Army
- – LtCol Antonio J. Eppolito, USAF, MC, FS, Chief, USAF Telehealth, AFMSA/SG3O
Download Complete Agenda for Session Details
Participating Organizations at Past Iterations Include:
Amazon Web Services, 3M Health Information Systems, Microsoft Corporation, Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Agency, Defense Health Agency, CSRA, Allscripts, Aptive Resources, Dovel Technologies, Oracle, Clinical Architecture, DoD/VA Interagency Program Office, Federal Health Architecture, Government Accountability Office, PEO Defense Health Management Systems, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, OptumServe, Leidos, DSS Inc., Atlas Research, Deloitte, CIOX Health, GE Healthcare, Philips North America, Booz Allen Hamilton, The Sequoia Project, Northrop Grumman, LMI, Document Storage Systems Inc., Planned Systems International, Attain, CACI International, Salesforce, GDIT, National Library of Medicine, Department of State, IBM Watson Health, STI, and many more!
Exhibit and Sponsorship Information
- DoD/VA & Gov HIT Summit provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions.
Topics to be Covered at the Summit Include:
- – Delivering a Modern Healthcare Delivery System that Enables Rapid Decision-Making and Innovation
- – Sustaining Operational Medical Force Readiness and the Medical Readiness of the Armed Forces
- – Accelerating Acquisition Strategies in Support of Mission Critical Requirements
- – Update on VA Cerner Contract and the Way Ahead
- – Addressing MHS Genesis Implementation and Adoption Challenges
- – Applying Machine Learning and AI to Deliver Improved Care & Operational Efficiencies
- – Developing Strategies to Enhance Data Privacy and Security
- – Improving Data & Analytics Capability to Better Understand Health Issues Unique to Service Members
Why Should you Attend the Summit?
- At DSI’s DoD/VA and Gov. HIT Summit, we provide a forum for representatives from the DoD, VA, Government Agencies, academia, and private industry the opportunity to detail their organization’s efforts to advance the Federal health IT ecosystem through innovative IT solutions, strategy, and capabilities.
- Efforts across the Federal Government, Military Services, and industry have aimed to deliver an integrated health care system that enhances force readiness, improves health outcomes and delivery of care, and lowers the overall cost of delivering high-quality healthcare. At the DoD/VA and Gov. HIT Summit, you will have the opportunity to hear directly from and network with the senior leaders and relevant stakeholders tasked with making this vision a reality.
- Learn, share, and connect with our invited speakers and delegates, as our forum will provide a unique viewpoint into the senior-led efforts to deliver a modern healthcare system that enables rapid decision-making and innovation, to include the opportunities and challenges associated with shaping the future of health & healthcare delivery for the MHS.
- DSI’s team specializes in the extensive research and development of our summit’s content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in the community from Senior Healthcare leaders, the IT Community, key policy-makers, as well as solution providers from industry and academia. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all involved organizations bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
Operating Guidance for Government Attendees
- DSI’s Symposium directly supports DoD, VA, and Federal Health priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
- DSI’s Symposium will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission. The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD, VA and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
(Industry and academia members are charged a fee for admission)
- Summit is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS
At our Summit You Will Have the Ability to
- – Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing health information technology professionals.
- – Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover the most up-to-date HIT initiatives and technologies.
- – Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments or ideas.
DSI strives to provide the most up to date, mission relevant, topics and discussion points for our meetings. In order to assure that we are providing the best subject content possible, our Advisory Board Members have volunteered to share their respective insight and expertise with us. We are truly grateful to have their support and guidance as we strive to continually create truly effective meetings and events for all. Learn more about our Advisory Board Members.