SEVERAL SUBJECT AREAS COVERED AT MAY, 2015 SUMMIT INCLUDED:
- 1.What should an interoperable health IT ecosystem really consist of and be able to achieve?
- 2.How do you pull the IT Infrastructure together at this point for an improved health IT ecosystem for Military Health, and what are all the 'moving parts' that are involved?
- 3.Enhancing the use of "third platform" technologies for improved patient engagement
- 4. Tackling the demand for big data and analytics capabilities in an effective and efficient manner
- 5. Telehealth, and improving care coordination for remote patients in the VA
- 6. Cloud computing / virtualization, and cyber security considerations
- 7.Capturing and connecting the purchased care component
- 8.EHRs will be approached with topics such as external connectivity (connecting to purchased care components, outside hospitals and providers…), data access management, clinical and non-clinical requirements, governance, and consolidating and reducing redundancies
- 9. Update on contracting and acquisition priorities in the VA, DoD, and HHS
- ♦ Held since 2011, DSI's Health IT Summits are a unique forum that allows for personnel from DoD, VA, Federal and State agencies to convene in one location along with leaders from Industry and Academia that support them. Our "Town Hall" format is designed to encourage challenging discussion and dialogue amongst all in attendance.
- ♦ By keeping our forum off-the record and non-attribution, we allow for a level of stream of consciousness and shared ideas and thoughts to flow freely. Our agendas cover the most current priorities for our Military and Government health IT communities, and strive to achieve actionable takeaways for all in attendance.
- ♦We limit our attendance size to around 250 persons in order to allow everyone a chance to actively participate and to mix and mingle with each other easily over the two days we are together. However, due to our choice to limit seating, every iteration does sell out in advance, so we encourage you to explore our site more, give us a call if you have any questions, and we hope to welcome you in October!
The DoD/VA & Gov HIT Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD and Federal employees
This Summit is not officially sanctioned or endorsed by the Department of VA or DoD
DSI’s Summit will provide a forum for each department to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their departments
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the most complex issues facing the health IT community.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover some of the latest technologies to effectively and efficiently transform healthcare.
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Our "Town Hall" forum allows for all in attendance to actively participate in the discussions. Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive, off the record, non-attribution sessions