- The focus for this iteration of the Summit will be on broadening the context of connected health within the DoD, VA, and Federal Agencies . Specific topic areas will include:
At our Summit you will have the ability to:
1. Big Data for evidence-supported decisions to improve healthcare
2. Shared health services within DHA
3. Capturing and connecting the purchased care component
4. Standardizing health data
5. Telehealth and Mobile health technologies
6. Implementing predictive analytics in a meaningful way
7 .State RHIOs:Public and private collaboration health IT
9. Improving patient engagement, and what does that require from the IT tools that can help us get there?
10. EHRs will be approached with topics such as external connectivity (connecting to purchased care components, outside hospitals and providers…), data access management, clinical and non-clinical requirements, governance, and consolidating and reducing redundancies
Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the most complex issues facing the health IT community.
Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover some of the latest technologies to effectively and efficiently transform healthcare.
Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are given the opportunity to address our speaker faculty with their questions or comments and will receive a pre-Summit questionnaire for precise questions and subject matters you would like our speakers to address.
The DoD/VA & Gov HIT Summit is compliant with Department of Defense operating guidelines, and adheres to the most recent standards of the Office of General Council, Standards of Conduct Office:
*Currently, SOCO advisory 09-03: 7.(a)… purposes of jer 3-211 (a)(7) the Office of Government Ethics (OGE), OGE standards of ethical conduct for employees of the executive branch: currently 5 cfr part 2635 and 31 u.s.c. 1353 as it pertains to OGE standards
*Qualifies as training in compliance with 5 U.S.C. Chapter 41 and is compliant with The Office of Government Ethics, Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Executive Branch: currently 5 CFR part 2635 and 31 U.S.C. 1353 as it pertains to OGE Standards.
*The DoD/VA & Gov HIT Summit is open to all DoD and Federal employes and is considered a compliant education and training forum.
*The Summit meets compliance with recent DCMO memo dated Nov 6, 2013 "Dod Conference Guidance 2.0". Under this issuance, the Summit fall under line #18, "NO-COST to the DOD".