MAY 2015 SPEAKERS and AGENDA COMING SOON!
- MAY 13-14, 2015 SPEAKERS & TOPICS COMING SOON:
- DSI would like to thank several of our recent speakers who addressed the following topics at our past Summits:
- Dr. Karen Guice, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense, Health Affairs, who addressed the topic of creating a more globally integrated health system for the DoD
- Mr. Stephen Warren, Assistant Secretary of Information and Technology, VA
- LtGen Douglas Robb, USAF, Director, DHA , who provided a viewpoint towards addressing the future of joint operational medicine and force health protection and readiness
- Dr. Paul Tibbits, SES, DCIO, Architecture, Strategy, and Design , OI&T, VA provided a discussion towards creating an interoperable, connected IT infrastructure for the VA
- Mr. David Bowen, SES, CIO, DHA addressed Military Health IT: Supporting Warrior Care from Recruit to Retiree
- Mr. Christopher Miller, SES, PEO, DHMS, on implementing an EHR System that goes beyond just sharing data to using data to improve decision making and the quality of clinical care
- Ms. Gail Kalbfleisch, Director, Federal Health Architecture, ONC presented an update on standards and interoperability initiatives involving HIE at ONC
- RADM Forrest Faison, USN, Deputy Surgeon General, Navy Medicine, providing a clinical and operational perspective towards understanding the changing landscape of patient engagement and where and when health IT can be best utilized
- COL Scott Svabek, USA, Acting Director, Procurement, DHA, talked about contracting shared services and integrating operations and establishing standardized business processes across DHA
- Mr. Steve Schliesman, SES, Asst. DCIO, IT Project Management and Product Development, OI&T, VA
- Dr. Theresa Cullen, CMIO, VHA who discussed VistA Evolution along with the challenges of remote patient monitoring
- Mr. Patrick Littlefield, Acting Director, VA Center for Innovation, VA provided a discussion on current interests and priorities in health IT innovation at the VA
- Mr. Damon Davis, Director, Health Data Initiative, HHS, on HHS' open data initiative and current priorities with 'big data' towards health IT innovation
- Mr. Steven Posnack, Director, Office of Standards and Technology, ONC whose discussion included the topic of establishing and implementing standards necessary for nationwide HIE
- Dr. Kevin Charest, (in the role of )CISO, HHS, discussed cyber security considerations for HIE/ Health IT
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the most complex issues facing the health IT community.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover some of the latest technologies to effectively and efficiently transform healthcare.
: Help foster ideas! Our "Town Hall" forum allows for all in attendance to actively participate in the discussions. Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive, off the record, non-attribution sessions.
LIMITED SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES:
To learn more about how your organization can participate in the Summit, download our Sponsorship Prospectus Here
or call us at