- - The focus for this iteration of the Summit will be on broadening the context of connected health in a way that addresses areas such as analytics, workflow & improved patient engagement, and what does that require from the IT tools that can help us get there?
- - Innovative technologies and approaches towards leveraging IT solutions for healthcare will included perspectives from the DoD and VA and federal agencies towards their respective focus on health IT innovations in fields such as telemedicine and mobile health
- .-We will also address the respective “next steps” towards the interoperability of EHRs between the DoD and the VA and explore topics such as external connectivity (connecting to purchased care components, outside hospitals and providers…), data access management, clinical and non-clinical requirements, governance, and consolidating and reducing redundancies.
- - We will also look at the new DHA from an operational perspective and, learning to standardize clinical care and broaden shared services from an IT enterprise viewpoint.
- The DoD/VA iEHR & HIE Summit is compliant with Department of Defense operating guidelines, and adheres to the most recent standards of the Office of General Council, Standards of Conduct Office:
- - Currently, SOCO advisory 09-03: 7.(a)… purposes of jer 3-211 (a)(7) the Office of Government Ethics (OGE), OGE standards of ethical conduct for employees of the executive branch: currently 5 cfr part 2635 and 31 u.s.c. 1353 as it pertains to OGE standards
- - Qualifies as training in compliance with 5 U.S.C. Chapter 41 and is compliant with The Office of Government Ethics, Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Executive Branch: currently 5 CFR part 2635 and 31 U.S.C. 1353 as it pertains to OGE Standards.
- - The DoD/VA iEHR & HIE Summit is open to all DoD and Federal employes and is considered a compliant education and training forum.