- SPONSOR / EXHIBIT
- Past Summits
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
May 8-9, 2019 | Mary M. Gates Learning Center, Alexandria, VA
The 16th Annual DoD/VA & Government HIT Summit is a non-partisan educational and training Summit designed as a “Town Hall” full spectrum view towards the DoD, VA and Federal Government’s efforts at facilitating an interoperable and modernized health IT ecosystem. The forum is created to encourage a real, pragmatic level of discussion and debate amongst all in attendance. This event will discuss acquisition and current technological advancements that are being implemented across the DoD, VA, and Federal Government to further enable health IT innovations.
*The summit is neither officially endorsed or sanctioned by the Depts of VA and DoD
This Year’s Confirmed Speakers:
Lt Gen Dorothy A. Hogg, USAF, Surgeon General, HQAF
John Tenaglia, SES, Head of Contracting Activity (HCA), Defense Health Agency
Alan R. Constantian, Ph.D., SES, Deputy Chief Information Officer for Account Management, Office of Information and Technology (OIT) U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) OI&T, VA
Dr. Paul Tibbits, SES, Executive Director, Office of Technical Integration, Enterprise Program Management Office, Office of Information and Technology (OIT) U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
Dr. Andrew Gettinger, Chief Clinical Officer, The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology
Karen Brazell, SES, Principal Executive Director & Chief Acquisition Officer, OAL&C, VA
COL Beverly Beavers, USA, Division Chief, Infrastructure & Operations Division, Defense Health Agency
Why You Should Attend this Summit
At DSI’s 16th Annual DoD/VA and Government HIT Summit, we provide an educational ‘Town-Hall’ style forum where representatives from the DoD, VA, Government Agencies, academia, and private industry can have the opportunity to detail their organization’s efforts to facilitate a connected Federal health IT approach through innovative research on IT solutions, technology, and capabilities.
This Summit will detail the various initiatives being undertaken across the Federal Government, Military Services, and industry that are aiming to deliver an integrated, collaborative health care system that ensures force readiness, improves health outcomes and delivery of care to our nation’s Veterans, and lowers the overall cost of providing high-quality healthcare. At the DoD/VA and Gov. HIT Summit, you will have the opportunity to sit in on informative discussions and network with the senior leaders and relevant stakeholders in this space tasked with making their vision of an interoperable Health IT ecosystem a reality.
The 2019 DoD/VA & Government HIT Summit attendees will be able to learn, share, and connect with our invited senior level speakers and delegates, as our event will provide a unique viewpoint into the current efforts to deliver a modernized healthcare system that enables actionable, precise decision-making and technological innovation, to include the opportunities and challenges associated with shaping the future of health & healthcare delivery for the MHS.
DSI’s team specializes in the extensive research and development of our summit’s content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in the community from Senior Healthcare leaders, the IT Community, key policy-makers, as well as solution providers from industry and academia. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all involved organizations bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
Topics to be Covered at the 2019 Summit:
- – Leading VA EHR modernization implementation and deployment efforts to provide ease of care to Veterans
- – Guiding DHA contracting activity in support of enhanced health services
- – Leveraging new, innovative technologies to support current and future health IT initiatives
- – Fostering a culture of collaboration to help utilize health
IT innovations at the VHA
- – Maintaining a medically ready Air Force
- – Advancing innovative IT solutions & technologies in support of the VHA mission
- – Enhancing the nation’s health IT infrastructure through
the supplying of critical information that is accessible
at the point of need
- – Monitoring the development, deployment, and sustainability of MHS Genesis to deliver modernized,
high-quality health services
- – Delivering a modernized MHS that enables a medically ready Joint Force
- – Prioritizing VA OIT infrastructure modernization
efforts to improve Veteran service
- – Ensuring high quality health IT access for all
clinical staff within Army medicine
At our Summit you will have the ability to:
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing health information technology professionals.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover the most up-to-date HIT initiatives and technologies.
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments or ideas.
Exhibit & Sponsorship Information:
- DoD/VA & Gov HIT Summit provides opportunities
including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions.
- Download the Sponsorship and Exhibiting Prospectus
Operating Guidance For Government Attendees:
- DSI’s Summit directly supports DoD, VA, and Federal Health priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
- DSI’s Summit will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission. The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD, VA and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
- (Industry and academia members are charged a fee for admission)
- Summit is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS