- SPONSOR / EXHIBIT
- Past Summits
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
12th DoD/VA and Gov Health IT Summit
“Coordinating a Connected Health IT Environment for Military and Government”
May 31- June 1, 2017
Mary M. Gates Learning Center, Alexandria, VA
Held since 2011, DSI’s Health IT Summits are a unique forum that allows for personnel from DoD, VA, Federal and State agencies to convene in one location along with leaders from Industry and Academia that support them.
*The Summit is neither officially endorsed or sanctioned by the Depts of VA or DoD.
2017 Summit Speakers:
- Barclay P. Butler, Ph.D., MBA, Component Acquisition Executive, Head of Contracting Activity, DHA
- Dr. Lauren Thompson, SES, Director, DoD/VA IPO
- Dr. Michael Malanoski, Executive Director, Bureau of Medicine and Surgery U.S. Navy
- COL Beverley Beavers, USA, CIO/G6, Office of the Surgeon General, U.S. Army
- Col Kevin Seeley, Chief, Infrastructure and Operations, DHA
Additional Speakers Include
- Brian Lee, Chief, Public Health Informatics Officer, Office of Public Health Scientific Services, CDC
- Bridget Gauer, Acting Director, National Institutes of Health Information Technology Acquisition and Assessment Center
- George Chambers, Executive Director, Office of Enterprise Application Development, Office of the CIO, HHS
Why Should you Attend the Symposium?
As the healthcare industry continues to evolve to better suit the needs of the patient, the role of information technology will continue to be an integral part in the efforts to link innovative IT solutions with advanced lines of communication to achieve a patient centered health system that focuses on enhancing delivery of healthcare.
Although delivering military health care in an efficient and cost-effective manner is important, the goal is to first and foremost build a health care system focusing on improving the overall the health of the patient. In the efforts to support this health care system, tremendous strides have been made from multiple organizations ranging from the DoD, VA, Government Agencies, Private Industry, and Academia.
The 2017 May DoD/VA and Government Health IT Summit will provide valuable information on the current and prospective efforts supported by the U.S. Government to transform healthcare and healthcare delivery through innovative IT solutions.
DSI’s team specializes in the extensive research and development of our symposium’s content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in the community from senior healthcare leaders, the IT community, key policy-makers, as well as solution providers from industry and academia. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all involved organizations bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
May 2017 Summit Topics Include
- – Deployment of MHS Genesis
- – EHR Modernization
- – Digital Health initiatives to Improve Extended Care
- – Interoperability Initiatives Supporting Greater Federal and Private Sector Coordination
- – Population Health Strategies to Improve Connected Health Efforts
- – Developing Semantic Web Technologies to Support Advanced EHR Capabilities
- – Data Sharing and Open-source Initiatives
- – VA Acquisition Efforts to Build a Connected Health IT Environment
- – Precision Medicine Initiatives
At our Summit you will have the ability to
- – Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing health information technology professionals.
- – Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover the most up-to-date HIT initiatives and technologies
- – Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are given the opportunity to address our speaker faculty with their questions or comments and will receive a pre-Summit questionnaire for precise questions and subject matters you would like our speakers to address.
Operating Guidance for Government Attendees
- DSI’s Symposium directly supports DoD, VA, and Federal Health priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
- DSI’s Symposium will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
- The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD, VA and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
(Industry and academia members are charged a fee for admission)
Summit is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS
Exhibit and Sponsorship Information
DoD/VA & Gov HIT Summit provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions. Download the Sponsorship and Exhibiting Prospectus Here.
DSI strives to provide the most up to date, mission relevant, topics and discussion points for our meetings. In order to assure that we are providing the best subject content possible, our Advisory Board Members have volunteered to share their respective insight and expertise with us. We are truly grateful to have their support and guidance as we strive to continually create truly effective meetings and events for all. Learn more about our Advisory Board Members.