- SPONSOR / EXHIBIT
- Past Summits
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
10th DoD/VA and Gov Health IT Summit
Developing a Connected Health IT Ecosystem for Military and Government
May 2-3, 2016
Mary M. Gates Learning Center, Alexandria, VA
Held since 2011, DSI’s Health IT Summits are a unique forum that allows for personnel from DoD, VA, Federal and State agencies to convene in one location along with leaders from Industry and Academia that support them. (*The Summit is neither officially endorsed or sanctioned by the Depts of VA and DoD.) Our “Town Hall” format is designed to encourage challenging discussion and dialogue amongst all in attendance.
2016 Summit Speakers:
- *Craig Schaefer, Program Manager, Defense Healthcare Management Systems Modernization
- *Dr. Jon White, Deputy National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, HHS
- *Dr. Lauren Thompson, Director, DoD/VA IPO
- *Dr. Alan Constantian, Deputy CIO, Account Manager for Health, Office of Information and Technology (OI&T), VA
- *COL Jacob Aaronson, USA, CMIO, Defense Healthcare Management Systems Modernization
- *COL Richard Wilson, USA, Director, Solutions Delivery Division, DHA
*Download Agenda for Full List & Schedule*
Why Should you Attend the Symposium?
Held since 2011, DSI’s Health IT Summits are a unique forum that allows for personnel from DoD, VA, Federal and State agencies to convene in one location along with leaders from Industry and Academia that support them. Our “Town Hall” format is designed to encourage challenging discussion and dialogue amongst all in attendance.
By keeping our forum off-the record and non-attribution, we allow for a level of stream of consciousness and shared ideas and thoughts to flow freely. Our agendas cover the most current priorities for our Military and Government health IT communities, and strive to achieve actionable takeaways for all in attendance.
We limit our attendance size to around 250 persons in order to allow everyone a chance to actively participate and to mix and mingle with each other easily over the two days we are together. However, due to our choice to limit seating, every iteration does sell out in advance, so we encourage you to explore our site more, give us a call if you have any questions, and we hope to welcome you in May!
Participating Organizations at the 2015 Summit Included:
Defense Health Agency, VA, HHS, Service Medical Commands, CDC, FDA, CMS, Leidos, Booz Allen Hamilton, Optum, ViON, Lockheed Martin, InterSystems, Oracle, IBM, Marklogic, IMS Health, General Dynamics, AT&T and many more
Exhibit and Sponsorship Information
DoD/VA & Gov HIT Summit provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions. Download the Sponsorship and Exhibiting Prospectus Here.
Topics for This Year’s Symposium
- – EHR Modernization – VA’s VistA Evolution Program and DHA’s DHMSM
- – Innovation at DHA to move from healthcare to health
- – Supporting Warfighter health in all environments through advanced
- – Utilizing precision medicine to optimize treatment effectiveness and
- – Utilizing advanced analytics to improve population health
- – Data sharing for improved care coordination
- – The vision for telehealth at the VA: Addressing emerging capability
gaps and challenging existing doctrine
- – Patient engagement strategies
- – DHA modernization and the impact on Health IT capabilities
- – VA Acquisition efforts to build a connected health IT environment in
At our Summit/Symposium you will have the ability
- – Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing health information technology professionals.
- – Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover the most up-to-date HIT initiatives and technologies
- – Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are given the opportunity to address our speaker faculty with their questions or comments and will receive a pre-Summit questionnaire for precise questions and subject matters you would like our speakers to address.
Operating Guidance for Government Attendees
- DSI’s Symposium directly supports DoD, VA, and Federal Health priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
- DSI’s Symposium will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
- The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD, VA and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
(Industry and academia members are charged a fee for admission)
*Summit is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS*
DSI strives to provide the most up to date, mission relevant, topics and discussion points for our meetings. In order to assure that we are providing the best subject content possible, our Advisory Board Members have volunteered to share their respective insight and expertise with us. We are truly grateful to have their support and guidance as we strive to continually create truly effective meetings and events for all. Learn more about our Advisory Board Members.